Tuesday, October 20, 2009

He Amongst Men!!!

A bright and early morning with promises of a beautiful day, I woke up feeling refreshed and like I could take on the world. With a glance at the clock, I realised it was gonna be a battle against time. I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. For me, getting ready in the morning was more of a ritual than an exercise and I took my time to take care of every little detail. One more glance at the clock showed me that I was definitely not on schedule, but hey, whats a few minutes of being late gonna hurt?

I made my way out of my room whistling, (i had this insane feeling of hapiness which is very rare for me), to get my friend so we could be on our way to class. for some weird reason, she had already left. I figured she just didn't wanna hang out with me, well, I figured "that's her loss", nothing was gonna ruin my hapiness. The roads were awfully bare for a monday morning, "lots of people probably had early morning classes" I reasoned. Come to think of it now, there was hardly anyone in the hostel but whatever, it's not my business what anyone chooses to do with their time.

I got to my faculty and lo and behold the population there was pretty much zilch. I searched my bag to get out my phone so I could get to the end of this ever so puzzling mystery, I couldn't seem to feel my way to it but that was a regular occurence so I emptied the contents of my bag and still, it was nowhere in sight. I could've sworn I had it with me two seconds ago because I had my earpiece in my ears and had totally been feeling Jessica in "I think I'm in love." So what happened, one minute I could hear her and the next minute, I couldnt. Things were definitely gettin freaky.

I decided to find my way back to my hostel to try and get myself together but as I looked up, I saw absolutely nothing... No LLT, no car park, no lounge, no quadrangle, no faculty of law opposite, no road in between, absolutely nothing but a large expanse of land that seemed to stretch to eternity. At this point, I was majorly freaked. RUN came to mind but where in the world would I run to, I couldnt even decipher my left from my right. Everything just seemed to have disappeared. Just when I thought things couldn't get any freakier, nightfall seemed to creep in. What the hell, it was 9:30am last I checked and now it seemed more like 9:30pm.

Things got from freaky to scary. It was then the noises began, creepy wailing sounds like a child being tortured slowly, there was a sound of gruesome whipping in the air. Then out of the blue, he was there with me. He had handsome features, a chiseled face with the clearest eyes I've ever seen, almost like you were looking through them but they were strangely vacant. He smiled at me and revealed a set of perfect pearly whites but something about his smile seemed dark sort of. He was dressed elegantly and he was most certainly appealing. He spoke and the most mesmerizing sound I've ever heard flowed out of him, I practically swooned. Then it struck me what he said, "DEATH PREVAILS!"

His eyes turned a fiery red and the face I was recently drooling over contorted into the most hideous thing ever. He started towards me and it was then I realised his hands were more of claws and he had no lower limbs whatsoever. He charged towards me and I knew then, if I didn't get out, I would be his for eternity. I shut my eyes and let out a blood-curling, heart-wrenching scream thinking it'll be the last thing I'd ever do and then all was quiet...

3 comments:

  1. hey dreamer...I like it. Are you awake now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, 'm guessin this is to ife... the moment has passed but still lemme jus say, she wasn't awake then... oh nd you like it... yay me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got here and it seems I have known u a .....U'r indeed a life-giving fragrance.Oluremi

    ReplyDelete